We were in a new (temporary-while our room is renovated) spot at Trinity Anglican in Aurora, and without our Joy (who is in Montreal at McGill) but it was still like going back home.
In fact, having Peter and Catalina at the keyboard brought back some wonderful memories and they slipped right back into my heart.
There was a lot of chatting as people enjoyed a little reunion time after a long and wonderful summer.
When we finally got started, we had a quick warm-up and then sang:
1. You Raise Me Up (Most of us remember this, and it will only need a little touch up)
2. Button Up Your Overcoat (Very little work required. Memorable piece.)
3. Little Tree (Also, still fresh somehow. My favourite!)
4. Grown Up Christmas List (Last year's new song; now comfortably familiar)
5. Your Song (New! We started learning right away and got to page 5, bar 45. )
6. Magic of Winter (Such a pretty song! Funny to sing when we're expecting sunny hot days.)
Next week: Monday, September 16
Evening Prayer small group starts at 6:30. Sign up on the website if you took the music home, please. This is a small group of women only SSA.
- Button Up
- Little Tree
- Your Song
- Let it Snow