Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Sunday, October 25, 2020

YRCC 19-Oct-2020 ZOOMing ahead towards to holiday season

 The YRCC had another successful Zoom meet-up. Successful means all kinds of things, doesn’t it?

We warmed up our voices and then sang a few of our pieces. That was good. 

We reviewed some of the tricky things about the sheet music. That was good. 

We talked about what we’re learning from listening to our concert recordings. Good.

We chatted about all kinds of things including Halloween and Christmas plans during the pandemic. It’s not easy to chat in Zoom because only one person can talk at a time but it’s so important for us to do some chatting so we do what we can. Good, and important.

We took a moment to think about our friend Mary Ellen as she mourns the loss of her husband and loved hearing her sing Let There be Peace on Earth even more than usual. Difficult, but good.

Heather joined us from British Columbia! Remote choir has its advantages.

Hallelujah, We Rise Again, You Raise Me Up, and Let There be Peace on Earth were our songs last week, so now we’re doing 4 songs! And we’re lasting over an hour now too. 

I’ve made a plan, similar to my usual rehearsal plan and I think we’ll probably add some more songs, especially during the holiday season. I attached the plan to our calendar event, along with the sheet music for this week. There’s a link to the calendar here on my blog.

I hope to see everyone tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment