Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Sunday, October 18, 2020

YRCC Zoom 12OCT2020 Thanksgiving Monday

The YRCC has always met on Thanksgiving Monday because the season is short and we needed all the time we could get to rehearse for our concert in December. 

This year, we met for different reasons. 

We need all the time we can get to learn this new way of meeting and to continue to be a choir in this crazy pandemic time. 

We're meeting through Zoom because we want to see each other. We miss our choir community.

We're meeting because we love to sing our songs and want to keep up our repertoire.

We want to keep our voices in good shape, and not lose our range. (Some days I hardly talk, let alone sing, and I find I'm often hoarse, croaky even.)

We don't want to forget how to read sheet music. 

I need choir in my life. 

We sang Monday, Monday, Somewhere Out There, and We Rise Again. 

It's interesting to sing with our concert recordings. I hear things that will help me to create better balance next time we all sing together. I'm learning different things this way, and I hope you are too. 

We're going to try to sing 4 songs tomorrow, Monday, October 19th:

  • Hallelujah
  • We Rise Again
  • You Raise Me Up
  • Let There Be Peace on Earth



No comments:

Post a Comment