Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

YRCC Zooms forward 05OCT2020 and Thanksgiving Monday, 12OCT2020

 It was better than I’d hoped! We met on Zoom, using Tab’s premium work account and it was very, very nice. I used my work laptop this time and was able to see all 28 participants at once!

We lasted over an hour. (I had heard that an hour is most people’s limit. And, I believe it. Because, today I was in a 4-hour conference on Zoom and I was totally exhausted even though I was just listening.) 

We chatted, we sang Why We Sing, You’ll Never Walk Alone, and Hallelujah, and we laughed, and chatted some more. We sang with concert recordings so that it almost felt like we were all singing together. We were all on mute so the timing issue wasn’t an issue. People’s lips didn’t move together but it was okay. It was just so good to all be together singing. Looking out at everyone singing and smiling and hearing the choir recording was so, so very good!

We’ll do it again! 

We’re meeting next Monday, Thanksgiving Monday, and we’ll sing Somewhere Out There, Monday, Monday, and We Rise Again!

Watch for your meeting invitation and I’ll put the link in the Calendar again, along with the sheet music PDFs. 

I’m going to put choir on my calendar every Monday night again! Hope you can join us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment