Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, May 6, 2022

My Name Renate Means We Rise Again

Renate comes from the Latin renatus/renata which means reborn.

Rebirth, resurrection, reincarnation, revival, reawakening, regeneration, renewal, even recovery and recuperation, are all my words. Spring is my season. 

We Rise Again: 

We rise again in the faces
Of our children
We rise again in the voices of our song
We rise again in the waves out on the ocean
And then we rise again

I'm so happy that the sun has been shining and it really feels like spring is finally here. It's not really spring for me until the choir sings though. Our big spring concert marks spring like our winter concert opens the Christmas season. We rise again in the voices of our song. I hope we manage to have an outdoor concert in June, and maybe another in July! Wouldn't that be awesome? It's being planned. 

I wrote a post about our spring season and my name on another blog (renatesmusicalempathy.blogspot.com). Check it out.

Here comes the sun!




No comments:

Post a Comment