Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, April 3, 2023

YRCC 2023 Rehearsal Review March 28

I apologize for being late with my review, and thank you for your patience.

Mad About Mozart met at 6:30. They'll have one more full rehearsal, and then we'll bring back Together Wherever We Go.

We warmed up with Hallelujah, which is always fun and sounds excellent. I love our arrangement.

1.We Rise Again. We studied the oohs and aahs. Altos, yours is the only parts recording that is still available on the website - the others are lost with our former webmaster.

2. Sunshine Medly: We learned the first section, Here Comes the Sun

3. I Can See Clearly Now: Sounding excellent! We're still working on coming in strong on the right note at 45. We'll keep on top of it.

4.Viva!: We looked at dynamics, when to be loud and when to get soft. Big Mozart drama: I love it!

5. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring: Lovely!

6. Why We Sing: Always moving and satisfying. I might change the beginning. 

We are selling tickets to our concert. Remember to bring cash, or a cheque made out to York Region Community Choir, but we can now also accept credit card payment with our Square machine. Try it out! Copy this picture of our poster and put it in an email to all of your contacts, so that people know we're back! Share the event on Facebook, or  one of my messages with the poster. Let's try to get a full house. We can set tickets aside for pick-up at the door, but they will need to be paid for in advance. 




Tuesday, April 4th:

6:30 Mad About Mozart

  • Blue Skies
  • I Can See Clearly
  • Sunshine Medley
  • We Rise Again
  • You Raise Me Up


I've been updating the website with events in the ARTS LISTING section, under NEWS.

My friend Judy Craig collects events and distributes regularly a listing of all the stuff going on in our area. She also sends me the occasional additional email with a poster or some info, which I've been adding, so I changed the name to Arts Listing Plus. 

I'm going to add this poster below for the Men of Note concerts coming up the weekend after ours. 







No comments:

Post a Comment