Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, July 8, 2024

Sneak Peak: YRCC Winter 2024 Shaping Up

If you find yourself needing some choir and Christmas and cool thoughts of winter, you can start looking ahead to our Winter Season.

The list of songs is up on the website under Recordings and Music Scans. The links are going up as soon as possible. Some are already there. I have started populating my new YouTube playlist YRCC 2024 Winter with videos of our songs. 

I'm going to be away for a chunk of August, and when I come back I'm starting a new project, which I hope to be able to tell you about soon. 

I'm happy that I have time now to get a head start on my planning. It's going to be a big busy season. We're learning several new things, and I'm very excited to be looking at the stuff we already have which is new to me, and I'm expecting the music I just bought to arrive soon. 

We had a music selection committee meeting at my house last week and it was so much fun! We chose classical music, pop music, comical music, big songs, little songs, a huge variety in our theme of wishes and dreams. Can hardly wait for you to sing it! 

Go ahead, check out the music already on the website and on my YouTube playlist! More to come soon.


Tenor part of the Handel


No comments:

Post a Comment