Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our first-ever field trip!

Hi Everyone!

We were talking about our Stratford Trip last night.

Last spring a number of us were playing with the idea of going to a musical and getting a group discount. We decided to start big and go on a trip too. We're going on a road trip!

Sandra did some research, made some phone calls, and got us a great deal on a block of 25 excellent seats in the front balcony to see Jesus Christ Superstar on Sunday, November 6th at 2:00 in Stratford! And, she got us a bus with a washroom to take us there and bring us back!

The whole thing will cost us $140 each.

Try to bring your cheques to choir next Monday to give to Michele.

We leave Newmarket at 10:00 in the morning, have some free time in Stratford for lunch, see the show together, go home singing on the bus, and arrive back in Newmarket around 6:00 pm.

It's going to be great! I'm really looking forward to it.

Yours in harmony,


Renate

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to report that we have cancelled this trip. We'll have to try again some other time.

    ReplyDelete