Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We're back!

Hi Everyone!

It was wonderful seeing the choir together again. It was good to see new faces too.

We managed to sing quite a bit, considering all the registration and information stuff going on. And, we sounded great!

It felt really good to be in front of the choir again. I had so much fun that I forgot about my twisted ankle. I didn't feel a thing for a couple of hours. Magic. Of course, I needed a bit more TLC today. But, it was worth it! 

Hearing Little Tree again was blissful. And, it wasn't weird to sing "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" in September. It was beautiful.

I forgot to mention yesterday that we have this online tool, my blog, and our Facebook Page and Facebook Group as well for communicating. I hope to regularly update the panel on the right with reminders of dates to remember. We'll get better at using these tools as we use them, I guess.

Thank you for giving me so much positive feedback on this blog, everyone. I'm enjoying writing it. I wish I had more time to write more often. I'm hoping to write more choir-specific posts now that we're in the choir season.

If you have any requests, let me know.

Yours in harmony,

Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment