Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Spring Season starts Monday

I'm excited to get going with our new season!


Our theme for this Spring Season is Friendship and Community. 

It flows well from our Together for the Holidays theme of gathering with friends, family and community.

We will continue to sing several of our winter season songs and will bring back a bunch of things from last spring as well. There will be a few pieces that I've reached back in our archives for which only a few people will remember. One of them is a beautiful anthem-like song called You'll Never Walk Alone. It's a really cool and jazzy arrangement of a powerful piece of music that I'm sure everyone will enjoy.

As promised, everyone will have the chance to sing I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.

I'm really looking forward to moving in to our new, bigger space across the hall! 
We were packed in like sardines before, but now we'll have a bit of room to stretch. Look out for more interesting warm-ups ;)



Please note that even though we'll have more space, our numbers are still capped. The room capacity is only 60, and we have decided not to grow any more anyway. The waiting list is still in effect.








No comments:

Post a Comment