Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Monday, March 11 (March Break)


It was good to see so many of you on Monday during the March Break. We got lots of good work done.
Here's what we did.
1. Get Happy- entrance and Soprano entrances, and the timing at 89, especially "river"
2. Handel Chorus- first page
3.You'll Never Walk Alone 49-65 never, never, never ♥
4. Flying Free- review


We talked about the Aurora 150th Anniversary Celebration on April 27th.
We'll be singing:
Imagine
One Voice
Get Happy
You'll Never Walk Alone(another choir is singing it)
Wonderful World

With the mass choir (7 choirs), we'll sing All the Little Rivers and the Handel Chorus: Ye Boundless Realms of Glory. There will be rehearsals on the 3 Saturdays before the concert in the afternoon at the Seniors' Centre in Aurora. Go to the Calendar for a map and times.

We started working on the Handel Chorus. It's like a canon, where the melody winds itself through all the parts at different times. I suggest you listen to the sound clip that Trix has posted on our website and try to pick out your part. Sapphire and I will get together next Thursday to make our own recordings, so they won't be available for a while.

Next week, we'll have a coffee break with treats and we'll sing:
Hallelujah
Flying Free
Handel Chorus  We'll start with All the Little Rivers instead.
You'll Never Walk Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment