Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Last rehearsals went well!

Our last rehearsals went well.

We were very good, but not perfect, which is actually perfect ;) We can hope that all of our mistakes have been made and are done, and we're ready to be excellent on Saturday.

Cutting down the length of the program will help us to relax and focus on the pieces that are left. It was very difficult to cut pieces. I love all of the music. I hope your favourite pieces are still in.

We have a wonderful variety of music and a great mix of solos, small ensembles and big choir pieces with piano, guitar, ukulele, piano with guitar, and even snapping accompanying our voices, so it will be a real treat for our audience.

Most of our friends and family already expect this fun variety show, but I know some people will come expecting to be martyred after listening to 2 hours of hymns. (I'm sure you also get asked again and again, which church you sing at.) Won't they be surprised! We have so much incredible talent and energy in our choir and it's exciting to show it off.  I can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment