Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 20: Victoria Day

We're a dedicated bunch! We had an excellent rehearsal on Victoria Day Monday!

We sang O Canada, and it was powerful.

Blue Skies is super with Lauren and Gerry doing the solos and all the snapping!

From a Distance is beautiful but we had to spend quite a bit of time reviewing sections. Please review pages 6 and 7 on your own so that we've all got it right. It's important to end strong.

We also spent more time than expected on Wild Mountain Thyme. Please review the words "go and we'll all." Bars 37 and 45 are the way you want to sing, and that's why they're the ones at the end. At the beginning,  it's different, slower. Look at bar 14. Be sure to come in on beat 2 with the word 'and'. Tenors and Basses are extra strong on the word "thyme" and at the end, starting at bar 46.

Small Groups: Lean on Me was fabulous, but we need to memorize it! I keep messing up my words. Spend some time this week memorizing Lean on Me.

Higher and Higher and Together Wherever We Go will not be meeting early until Tuesday. On Tuesday, come at 6:30.

I am working on the concert order. I'll send an email when I've set an order so that you can put your binders in order. We're almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment