Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I love swimming

I've had a few wonderful days at the beach so far this summer. It's been incredibly hot and humid, and swimming in a lake is the best way to keep cool. On our camping trip, we went to the beach at Port Burwell- at the town beach and the provincial park beach- and at Port Stanley on Lake Erie. Port Stanley was super! The town is charming and the beach was big and the sand was nice and clean. Closer to home, we enjoyed the clear waters of Lake Simcoe at Willow Beach. It's only half an hour away. Going to the beach reminded me that I love swimming! I love to be in the water. The best way to be in the water is in a lake with a beautiful blue sky above and clear blue water below, but swimming in a pool is great too. So, I've started to swim some lengths at the Magna Pool, and I'm feeling great!

No comments:

Post a Comment