Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Sunday, November 20, 2022

YRCC Rehearsal Review 8-NOV-2022 and 15-NOV-2022

 I'm so disappointed in myself that I haven't been managing to get things done. I was always so reliable and capable, and lately, well, maybe the past few years, I haven't been. I am taking steps to get back on my preferred path again. I apologize for being so late with this review, and for not getting last week's done at all. Thank you for your patience. 

Important:

1. Pointsettias: Jane started selling pointsettias again this past week, as a fundraiser for us, and to decorate the church for the holiday concert. She gets a good deal on some exceptional pointsettias and takes care of the pick-up and delivery, along with Lauren. Jane places the pointsettias in beautiful arrangements in the church, creating a festive scene for us. We take our plants home at the end of the concert, and some will be given away as door prizes. $25, choose red or white. 

2. Tickets: Start buying concert tickets for friends and family. Karen will have the Square payment processing device this week for us to pay by credit. She will happily accept cash or cheques made out to York Region Community Choir too, of course. Remember, all advance tickets sales will have to be paid in full. We cannot hold tickets this year. Share Lauren's beautiful poster (link to pdf):









3. November 29 Run-Through: This Tuesday is our last rehearsal downstairs at Trinity this year. On November 29th, we'll be upstairs. Doug, the sound technician will be there and we'll run through the show. I'll send you the order later this week so that you get your binders ready in show order. 

The two small groups are meeting early, along with Tab this week: Still My Joy at 6:45, David's City at 7:00, and Grinch at 7:15. Next week, we might want everyone a little early? Let's talk about our run-through plan. 


Ove the past two weeks, we rehearsed Somewhere Out There, Thank You For the Music (the section with Marlene's solo, with the oohs and aahs), O Holy Night, You'll Never Walk Alone, Magic of Winter, Need a Little Christmas (careful with timing on 99 and on the last page), Little Tree, New Year Blessing (still working on how the two verses will look-1-everyone on melody and simply, then 2-big with the fancy harmonies and big ending).

Focus this week:

We Wish You a Merry Madrigal, New Year Blessing, Thank You For the Music, We Need a Little Christmas. 

Fun: Somewhere Out There, Blue Skies, Why We Sing.



No comments:

Post a Comment