Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Invitation to Sing Mozart in Richmond Hill

Yesterday I announced that YRCC members have been invited to participate in Chorus York Sing. We received an email that said this:

Sing Mozart! Exploring great choral masterworks by Mozart

Join Artistic Director Jennifer Min-Young Lee for Chorus York’s first community choral reading session exploring great choral masterworks by W. A. Mozart. Singers of all ages and abilities are invited to take part in this choral reading session. The session will be held at Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church from 2-3:30 pm. Scores are provided at the door. 

Session fee - $10

Saturday, October 14, 2023 2-3:30 p.m.

Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church (10066 Yonge St, Richmond Hill, ON)

I had a look at the Chorus York website, and they rehearse on Tuesday evenings, like us. 

I found this poster there. This is a cool opportunity to sing some serious music with an auditioned choir with a director who has a Master of Music degree in conducting and teaches high school music. 

I like their logo: Chorus York: Lifting your spirit through song.








No comments:

Post a Comment