Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

My Singing Night at Trinity Newmarket Tomorrow, September 28th

Every Thursday from 7:30-9:30, please join me at Trinity on Main in Newmarket, at the corner of Main and Park for My Singing Night.

I'm hoping that a choir will develop, but I want to have the Thursday night time, which used to be choir practice time, for enjoyment and fellowship. The choir meets most Sunday mornings, but only sings in church one service a month. October's Choir Sunday is October 8th, Thanksgiving Sunday. I'd like to have a group singing Wonderful World for the offering/ministry of music, which you know very well. We'd also lead the hymns, but I have a tentative list, and they're not traditional 4-part ones so far. On Sundays, we can wear black and white like YRCC concerts but without a tie/scarf (no gowns necessary, unless we want to do a big gospel piece some day-wouldn't that be fun?). If you only want to come on Thursdays, that's fine, and if you can't come every Thursday, that's fine. I do want this to be a fun, recreational thing with as little pressure as possible.

I invited the congregation to come and bring friends, and I'm inviting you too, as my friends, and you can bring a friend if you like too. 

I plan to send out a review of the evening each week to anyone who comes and gives me an email address to send it to. Last week was a trial run with a small number of current choir members. I hope to keep the same format every week. Here's a copy of last week's review:






No comments:

Post a Comment