Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Saturday, October 21, 2023

My Singing Night Thursday, October 19th

An evening of music, connection, harmony, and spirit. Hosted by Trinity United Church in Newmarket. 

Warm-ups: Our warm-up was energetic and uplifting-I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas. It always feels good to move our bodies to music. Move anything that doesn’t hurt.

Sheet Music songs:

Somewhere a Child is Sleeping (YRCC) with proper printed scores. We listened to and sang with Kevin’s recordings, which were excellent, loud and clear and a good tempo.

Hymns: We sang along to these hymns for this Sunday

VU747 The Lord’s My Shepherd (an organ accompaniment on YouTube)

VU225 The Living God be Praised

VU422 God Be With You Till We Meet Again (by  Bluegrass Martins!)

Pop and CCM songs for fun, thinking about how Love is Heaven

Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel

I’ll Be There by Walk Off The Earth

In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel

Heaven by Bryan Adams

Iris by Goo Goo Dolls

Lord, I Need You by Matt Maher

Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) by Hillsong United

The Prayer sung by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion

You Raise Me Up sung by Josh Groban

New Category: Sing-along/Folk/Campfire Songs

This Land is Your Land (Canadian lyrics)

We had chocolate brownies which I had baked. We noticed the safety of love. We talked about the December 17th Christmas Pageant auditions and rehearsals, and the upcoming busy season. We welcomed another YRCC member, Robin! We had more YRCC folk than Trinity folk and it was a joy for me to have my worlds ovelap like that. It was a lovely evening in lovely company. 

  


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment