Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas rushing

Hello Everyone!

What a busy time! There's so much to do that it's overwhelming.

I've just finished writing my Christmas cards, and I think I'm done with the decorating now. I've just started doing my Christmas baking and shopping. Some people are already done!

There are choir performances, church events, friends and family to see, and just way to much to do!

We're right in the thick of our performance season, and I have to think about our next season too. I have to have everything ready for when we return in January. Both Sapphire and I are going away over the holidays, so we have to get together before Christmas to do the planning and recording. We've got a theme picked out: Stage and Screen. We're going to be singing some fun and beautiful music. But, just as it's hard to think of Christmas over summer, it's hard now to think of anything else but Christmas now!

I wanted to sit down and write about our concert right away. I was so happy with how everything turned out! It really went well, didn't it? But then, we had our first senior's visit on Monday. Then, right after that we had our choir party and that was very nice too. We had so much delicious food and the company was so nice that we just ate and talked and forgot about singing. That's the first time we've been together without singing!

Tomorrow, we're all going to Sunrise in Aurora. Something to remember: it's hot. Seniors' residences are always too hot. Seniors do a lot of sitting still, so they get cold. We're going to be hot, so wear lighter white tops-even sleeveless is ok, and light-weight black pants or skirts. It's quite a bit more casual than a concert. 

I'd like to blog more often, but I'm just not finding the time. No time for Farmville either. I've been trying to keep the Choir Calender up-to-date, but that's about it.

I hope I'll find another quiet moment over the next few weeks to share some more with you. But, if I don't, I'm sure you'll understand.

Have a very merry Christmas! I wish you lots of joy and precious moments of peace and tranquility too.

Yours in harmony,

Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment