Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, December 6, 2013

Concert Sunday night in Richmond Hill

I'm sharing this invitation I received from Richard, the director of the Choral Extravaganza (and of the Auoroa 150th Choral Concert we participated in). 

I think Sapphire and Jonathan might also be involved in this.


Hello everyone,

I would like to let you know about our performance of the Messiah (the Christmas parts) by Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church.  I have been the music director for 8 years now, and this is one of our biggest projects so far.  We have some very good soloists from within the choir, as well as a guest soprano: Susan Ryman (She performs regularly as soprano soloist with the Men of Note Choir and the Harfentoene German  Male Choir).

The choir has been rehearsing since June.  They tell me Handel's melodies have been going through their heads for months now.  We would like to share this glorious music with you, so we can all get into the Christmas spirit.  Please come on Sunday night at 7 pm to Richmond Hill's Presbyterian Church at 10066 Yonge St. (just North of Major Mackenzie on the West side). We hope you can join us for refreshments after the performance.  Tickets are only $15 (free, if you are 18 years or younger).

Hope to see you on Sunday,
Richard Heinzle

No comments:

Post a Comment