Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, December 13, 2013

Show Tomorrow, Saturday, December 14th!

TOMORROW!!! 

(not really like this but, it's how it will feel, right?)


So Incredibly Excited!

12:45 choir arrives 
1:00 set-up done, everyone in the sanctuary
warm-up
review of 2/3 songs (just bits)
reminders (smile, don't let mistakes show, no faces, watch and listen)
pep talk
doors open at 1:30. 
We wait in the chapel for our big entrance
2:00 we sing!

The snow will be manageable
the audience will be brave and kind and huge
nobody will notice anybody's mistakes. 

That's the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment