Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, December 16, 2013

Still in our performance season!

Tonight: The Barton 7:00 pm (and our holiday party 8:00 in our room)
Saturday afternoon: Hillary House 1:00 pm (we still need altos)
Next Monday: Aurora Resthaven 7:00 pm (limit reached but tenors and basses welcome)

Remember choristers:

  • We always wear black and white. Informal means you can have short sleeves and short skirts.
  • Have your music ready and in order. Bring all your music and the sing-along book. 
  • Arrive at least 15 minutes early to warm up and to confirm the order of the music, and soloists.
  • Keep the sing-along book if you're performing again.
  • Hand in your binder and all music and the sing-along book after your last performance.
  • Our last performance is Dec.23. After this, Trix will have all the binders and all the music (except the 3 pieces of Choral Extravaganza music, if you think you'll work on it over the holidays)!
The Spring Season starts Monday, January 6th, 2014. 
You will get your binder back with all the spring season music in it. Sapphire and I will be recording accompaniments and parts over the holidays, so that they'll be going up on the website in January.

Check the calendar for details and maps.





No comments:

Post a Comment