Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Monday, January 27th- rehearsal review and preview to next week

Monday, January 27th

We sang:
1. Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves (reviewed all)
2. All the Little Rivers (section D)
3. Shenandoah (5-14)
4. The Hockey Song (last page)
NB Recordings of all except Shenandoah are already on the website

We talked about small groups and solos.
**Soloists who want to sing a solo song should see me as soon as possible.
Our theme is They Call it Canada, But I Call it Home (Canada, Canadian Artists, Home, Patriotism)
Small groups sign-ups are starting. We have 2 songs: Edelweiss and This Land is Your Land.
Small groups will begin to meet before choir later in February, after Sapphire has finished the recordings.
________________________________________________________
Next week: Monday, Feb. 3
(Sapphire will record Shenandoah and In My Life starting at 6:30)

We will sing:
-All the Little Rivers (section E)
-Banks of Newfoundland (wild sea birds)
-Shenandoah (intro and continue)
-The Hockey Song (beginning)
-In My Life (intro: read-through)
_________________________________________________________
Looking ahead to Feb. 10:
Feb 10 is the Aurora Resthaven Valentine Concert. A small number of us will go there from 7-8 with recordings to sing for half an hour and do a sing-along for half an hour. We can return to the Admin. Ctr. by break time.
Sapphire and Anne-Marie will start the rehearsal at 7:30 for everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment