Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Review for Monday Feb 3 and looking ahead to Feb 10

Monday, February 3

1. All the Little Rivers: section E
2. Banks of Newfoundland: p3-4 by, p5 ahs, end
3. Hockey Song: section A, B
4. Shenandoah: beginning, p5/6
5. In My Life: first time sight-read

Monday, February 10

Small Group going to Aurora Resthaven for Valentine Concert (arr.6:45, sing 7-8, go to choir)
We're singing: Magic of Winter, Welcome Winter, You'll Never Walk Alone, Hallelujah, You Raise Me Up and sing-along songs from our songbooks.

All others rehearse with Sapphire and Anne-Marie starting at 7:30 as usual.

1. All the Little Rivers: review
2. Hockey Song: section C, E, G
3. Shenandoah: p6/7
4. In My Life: 5-13 (22 if there's time)
5. Banks of Newfoundland: beginning oohs, linking parts

No comments:

Post a Comment