Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Some of a Choir Librarian's Work


Hello Everyone!

Here's a little behind-the-scenes look at the work of a choir. 

The picture above is of a table in the basement of our Music Librarian's house. That's well over a thousand dollars worth of choral music!

This is just a little snapshot of what Trix goes through taking care of our music library. 

Trix picked up the music that Heather ordered- new music and more copies of music that we already had but didn't have enough of- from the music store downtown (St. John's Music) and got it all out of the boxes and started organizing it before I offered to help her out. She created a great system so that we could work together to deal with all the different music. We stamped, numbered, and 3-hole-punched all the music, got it ready for individuals to pick up the various pieces that they're missing, got the new music ready to hand out to everyone, and filed extras. It looked like a huge job that would take all day, but the time flew by and we were done in less than 3 hours.

It was fun working together. We talked and laughed a lot and Trix fed me a delicious lunch when we were done. Working on choir things with choir friends is always accompanied by good food and great conversation.

The choir will be so happy to have all their music, especially the new pieces! 

Thank you, Trix, our hard-working Music Librarian, for making sure we can all sing together!

Yours in harmony,
Renate 

1 comment:

  1. Patricia (Trix) VergeMarch 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM

    Aw, thanks Renate! I was glad for the help, and you are always good company! See you Monday!

    ReplyDelete