Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TV Theme Medley and homework

I don't want to give too much away on this public site, but I've posted a few of the songs in our TV theme medley since not everyone was familiar with all of the shows. When in doubt, Google and YouTube are great resources!


If you have some time in the next few weeks, work ahead on the ABBA medley with your CD, and look at the TV medley too. Even if you don't read music, get those words down -there are some sections that are fast- and that will help. If you do have access to a keyboard and can take a look at your part and learn it, that would help all of us immensely. 


Review that songs that we know well, Wonderful World, etc, with the accompaniment CD so that you feel really comfortable with them.


New folks, we don't spend much time on these so be sure to look at: Wonderful, Hallelujah, Wind, True Colors, Blue Skies, Do Re Mi, People. 

2 comments:

  1. you are a slave driver lol
    happy easter
    Louisa
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Waiting for someone to present me with a whip! Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete