Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Teachers and Nurses

Hi there!


You know how I noticed that so many of us choristers like to bake?


I noticed another thing about the people in the choir, and people in other choirs I've met. There seem to be a lot of teachers and nurses, more teachers and nurses than any other professions.


I don't think it's just because there are more women than men, because there are men who teach or have taught in choirs too. And, there aren't many men. Hmmmm. 


I met a really wonderful person at the Power Up conference this weekend, (Lots actually, but this one stood out. I adored her.) and she's a nurse, and a really good dancer and a figure skater and of course a choir member, but I forgot to ask her if she likes to bake. 


I'll have to remember to ask in the future. "So, what do you do when you're not singing? And, do you bake?"


I think that it's just another way that we can see that choir members are people who are creative and caring. 


I love my choir. 


Yours in harmony,
Renate

No comments:

Post a Comment