Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, January 10, 2022

Current Ontario Public Health Rules and YRCC

I don't even know what to say here. I really just want to know when we can meet to sing and rehearse and what the chances are for us to have a concert. 

I thought I'd go online and look up some information to share with you. This Ontario Government Public Health COVID-19 page said I would be able to:

Find out about the latest public health measures, advice and restrictions. (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/public-health-measures)

Basically, since January 5th, we've been in a modified Stage 2 which is supposed to last until January 27th, "subject to trends in public health and our health system". So, we have to wait and see what happens. Listen for announcements, check on that page once in a while. 

Ultimately, we have to wait and see what the church we rehearse at or the regional building we rehearse at say. Our choir is recreational, so our rehearsals don't really fall into the entertainment rehearsal category. People are still supposed to stay at home as much as possible, going out to work only if working from home is not possible. Makes sense to me. I'm happy not to go out except to walk Dexter. Harry's been doing more of the grocery shopping again. He's had his booster. I'm on a wait list. We're doing our part. 

The word "pivot" is now a bad word, something people don't want to hear in polite conversation. We all feel like superstar basketball players, reacting and pivoting quickly to keep in the game, wide-eyed and sweating. Only, we didn't choose to play this game, don't want to even be in this arena, on this court, and the jerseys are not our best colour. 

For the choir, our pivoting is very easy compared to teachers and students and families with little ones, for restaurants and places of business. We're on Zoom again until further notice. 

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/public-health-measures


No comments:

Post a Comment