Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, January 31, 2022

Planning YRCC In-Person Rehearsals!

I'm so happy to be planning in-person rehearsals starting at the end of February!

Tonight, we meet on Zoom, and for the next few weeks. But, on February 28th, we plan to meet in person again!!! If you didn't get the email from York Region Community Choir to announce that, please let me or Lauren know.

I really hope we can keep the pandemic numbers under control and follow the Ontario Reopening Plan (click there if you want to go to the official website) that starts today. 

We can start going out to restaurants at 50% again starting today, but no singing or dancing, and limits on lots of things. Okay, first step. Then, the second step. Starting on February 21st, things should open up a little more, full restaurants, 50% concerts, physical distancing and vaccination proof still needed. This is when we can go back to in-person rehearsals. We have chosen to start on February 28th to give us a little time to get into that new stage, set up protocols, make sure we have things in place so everyone feels safe. Starting March 14th, the Ontario plan is not quite clear but the idea is to open a bit more.

I am confident that we can have a concert in May or June. 

We Rise Again: Here Comes the Sun

Here Comes the Sun!


No comments:

Post a Comment