Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

April 8

We Are Family and Together Wherever We Go met early and sound great!
Warm-ups worked on breathing and holding notes for longer and longer
1. Imagine was great. We reviewed the ending, and the different timing issues, especially starting at 40
2. One Voice was excellent! We reviewed the entrance so that we're all coming in softly but with confidence
3. Get Happy was fun and frenzied! We reviewed the entrance so that we're all coming in strong, and reviewed a couple of timing issues: p 9 bar 55 Hal-le is fast, the section at bar 89 is getting better, Sopranos still need to work on coming in strong with Forget your troubles and The sun is shining every time.
4.Wonderful World is always wonderful ♥
We had a nice long coffee break with fruit and chocolate sauce and several kinds of baked treats. Yum!
5. We went through All the Little Rivers twice, and it was pretty good and fun too. Carol gave me a bottle of  red beer because I kept singing red beer instead of red bear last time! It was funny and delicious and this time I got it right! (beer was consumed at home)


Next week:
We have to review From a Distance, You'll Never Walk Alone and On Eagle's Wings so that we don't forget the work we've done on them.
We'll sing our Apr 27 songs too.
Let's see if we have time to sing Blue Skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment