Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, August 28, 2017

YRCC Winter 2017 Start is 11-SEP-2017

Today is the second last Monday without choir.
I've been missing you all, but I'm working on choir today and thinking about you, because it's Monday :-)
Next Monday, Labour Day, will be the last Monday before we get started.
Monday, September 11th is our first day back! Yay!

Joy and I are working on the music, and the Executive is getting ready to register everyone and make sure all is set for our new season.

You should get an email asking you to pre-register soon so that we can quickly have everyone pay their dues so we can get singing right away!

We have a busy schedule this season because we're singing a concert on October 15!
Be sure to sign up for that so that I don't panic. We need lots of you there so that we can do our 4-part pieces. If you're not familiar with some of the titles, please go to the recordings page on the website and download them to start learning them on your own. Even if you kind of remember them, you might want to brush up on your own. We won't have a lot of time on Monday nights to review them.

I'm looking forward to our wonderful new season. We've got lots of great music to sing, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment