Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, February 16, 2024

My Singing Night at Trinity 2024 Thursday, February 15th

  An evening of music, connection, harmony, and spirit.

Here's what we listened to and sang:

  •  Stainer’s God So Loved the World TeDeum Chamber Choir and St. Paul’s Cathedral Choir videos
  •  Ubi Caritas by CWU Chamber Choir and Ola Gjeilo video
  •  Lord, I Need You by Matt Maher
  • How Great Thou Art by Carrie Underwood
  • Were You There by Randy Travis
  • Reminiscing  by The Little River Band
  • Africa by Toto
  • Shining Star by Earth, Wind &Fire
  • Longfellow Serenade by Neil Diamond
  • Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
  • Everything I Do (I Do it For You) by Brian Adams
  • Everything by Michael Buble
  • This Guy’s in Love with You by Herb Alpert and the Tiuana Brass
  • Listen to the Music by The Doobie Brothers
  • Running On Empty and Stay  by Jackson Browne

 We spent a fair bit of time talking about Good Friday and Easter, Taize music, and Hymns that we like but are a little painful to sing. We listened to a little bit of my J Balvin playlist so I could share the kind of music played by the pool in Punta Cana. We talked a little about body positivity which I was happy to see there among most of the women on the resort. The return of snow and cold helped me to appreciate my holiday even more. I had prepared a Love theme for Valentine’s Day, and we went down memory lane a little too. We didn’t have snacks or a break so we left a little early. It was, as always, a lovely evening in lovely company.  

We will cancel My Singing Night on Thursday, March 7th because I will be going to a Choir!Choir!Choir! concert in Richmond Hill with friends from the YRCC!

Next week, Thursday, February 22nd, we might have some parking or access issues. There is a special event on Main Street, Ice Lounge on Main, running from Thursday evening through the weekend. Main Street will be closed from Water to Park. Maybe you can spend some time there before coming to My Singing Night. 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment