Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, January 12, 2024

My Singing Night at Trinity 2024 Jan. 11 Review

  An evening of music, connection, harmony, and spirit.

Here's the list of the songs we listened to and sang. 

  • Sing Gently by Eric Whitacre, video by Denver University
  • Peace Between Nations by C. Wiggins, video by Holy Innocents Episcopal Church
  • Canon of Hope by Mark Burrows, video by Alfred Music
  • Dona Nobis Pacem video by Julie Gaulke
  • Baby it’s Cold Outside by Lada Gaga and Joseph Gordon Levitt, video
  • Come Alive from The Greatest Showman, video by SPCC Student Choir
  • Wishing by Alexis Ffrench, video 
  • Liebestraum by Franz Liszt, video by Rusanda Panfili
  • Devinire by Ludovico Einaudi, video
  • Let it Snow by Rhonda Vincent
  • We Three Kings (We’re not Lost) by Rend Collective
  • Manger Throne by Phil Wickham
  • The Goodness of God by Caleb and Kelsey
  • Tell the World by Hillsong United
  • Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
  • Dreams by The Cranberries
  • I Have a Dream by Amanda Seyfried (from Mamma Mia!)
  • I Saw Her Standing There by The Beatles
  • Good Luck Charm by Elvis
  • Wishin’ and Hopin’ by Dusty Springfield
  • I Say a Little Prayer and I’ll Never Love Again by Dionne Warwick

This was our first My Singing Night using the TV in the Fellowship Room! It was so good, the sound, the quality, the comfort! I bought an adaptor for my iPhone and iPad, and we used the iPad. The sound was excellent, especially without the noise of the projector's fan. And, we could have had all the lights on, the picture was so good. We did turn the light above the TV off . There was some freezing on YouTube, so I'll look into that, but I'm happy that I don't need to carry my heavy equipment anymore. We watched quite a few videos because it was so nice. We still did lots of singing. I reminded me of hanging out with girlfriends as teenagers, when we would sit in someone's basement listening to records, and singing along, but also just hanging out and talking. We talked about language (sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics) and Ottawa, among many things, we prepared the closet in the music room, and enjoyed a little chocolate. It was a lovely evening in lovely company.   

Trinity United on Main Street, Newmarket
Corner of Park & Main



No comments:

Post a Comment