Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, December 8, 2023

YRCC 2023 Winter Concert: Let Us Light Up Your Holidays- Success!

We did indeed light up people's holidays!

Jane's decorations alone were dazzling and radiant enough to brighten my holidays. 

spectacular decorations by Jane











The choir itself however was the most dazzling, radiant, resplendent part of the day and made me so proud! The sound of the choir was perfect. Every note might not have been perfect, but that's not what we're after. The way you all worked together to make the songs beautiful and meaningful was perfect. You looked and walked and sang with grace, and kindness, and wonderful teamwork, and that was perfect. I couldn't be happier. 

And, the audience! They were amazing. 

A full house of happy and generous fans greeted us, and sang with us, and their light helped us to shine even brighter. The little tea lights that everyone was holding up really brought that message home: we need to shine and give others the opportunity to shine, and then everyone is happy. It was heartwarming to see so many former YRCC members there. I hope you had fans in the audience to tell you how great you were. It feels so good, doesn't it?

People laughed, and cried, and sang, swayed, and sighed at various times throughout the concert, and then were overwhelmed with joy, jumping to their feet with a standing ovation for our fabulous You'll Never Walk Alone. That was perfect. Carol sent me a video of part of that song where Carol and Ellen felt the message of that song deep in their souls. This is Why We Sing. 

You'll Never Walk Alone!

Look at all those good chorister mouths! ooooooooooo











No comments:

Post a Comment