Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, December 8, 2023

My Singing Night at Trinity December 7, 2023

 

 An evening of music, connection, harmony, and spirit.

Christmas (and Hanukkah) Songs!

  • Christmas Dinner by Peter Paul & Mary-this was done last week, but I missed it.
  • God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings by Barenaked Ladies
  • I Have a Little Dreidel by Barenaked Ladies
  • Happy Hanukkah by Walk Off the Earth and Scott Helman
  • Light One Candle by Peter, Paul & Mary
  • Silver Bells by Vince Gill
  • Little Drummer Boy  by for King and Country (Video)
  • Do You Hear What I Hear by for King and Country
  • Song for a Winter’s Night by Sarah McLaughlan
  • Hymn of Joy by Chris Tomlin
  • Canon of Joy by the YRCC with sheet music to sing along
  • Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea
  • A Spaceman Came Travelling by Chris de Burgh
  • Christmas Time by Bryan Adams
  • Christmas Kisses by Serena Ryder
  • I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevey
  • The Gift by Aselin Debison, et al
  • Grown-Up Christmas List by PS22 Chorus (Video)

 First night of Hanukkah, so we sang a few songs for Robin, and for light and peace (miracles?) for all. There were a number of songs that were new to us. I brought somewhat stale brownie cookies. We enjoyed the comfort of the Fellowship Room.  It was a lovely evening in lovely company.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment