Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Getting Excited for YRCC 2024 Spring Season Rehearsals

 Christmas celebrations just ended, there's still wrapping and gift bags scattered around, dishes with chocolates and cookies out, and lots of leftovers to be eaten. And I'm dreaming of our spring concert. Oh, it's going to be fabulous! 

But first, there are going to be weeks and weeks of fun rehearsals building on my theme of stars again. This time, we'll sing about wishing on stars: wishes and dreams, destiny, star-crossed love, and light. We are made of stardust, and we shine starlight. 

We will be singing in the evening, on Saturday, May the 4th, 2024 (uh-oh. I just had the Star Wars theme in my head). We can use our candles again! And, this time, they'll be more exciting with the darkness outside. 

I'll be updating my YouTube playlist for Spring 2024, and the website, with music to help you get in the mood for this new theme. 

I'm most excited that we're going to sing the Joseph Medley. It's so much fun, and so big!

We'll be back together starting Tuesday, January 9th, 2024.

make a wish



No comments:

Post a Comment