Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, November 17, 2023

My Singing Night Thursday, November 16th

 An evening of music, connection, harmony, and spirit.

      Warmups:  We are not really warming up these days.  Singing for fun, we just try to sing along within our range, mostly. We sit and sing and it’s relaxed.

Sheet Music songs: 

Christmas Lullaby (John Rutter, adapted for Trinity Arts) We sang our parts in the chorus a few times and talked about the pageant. 

Hymns: We sang along to these hymns for this Sunday

VU 412 This is the Day

VU 506 Take My Life and Let it Be

MV 221 I am Walking a Path of Peace

Pop and CCM songs for fun, thinking about Faithful Love Forever

Never Been a Moment by Micah Tyler

Loved by You by Riley Clemmons

Endless Love by Lionel Ritchie (video with Shania Twain)

Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley

I’ll Never Not Love You by Michael Buble

I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston

Forever and Always by Shania Twain

The Air that I Breathe by the Hollies and by Julio Iglesias

Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx

Don’t Stop by Fleetwood Mac

Joy to the World by Three Dog Night

Our Love is Here to Stay by Frank Sinatra (video with Peggy Lee)

 

I  baked pumpkin-apple cake. We talked about forever faithful love, and that it could be your lover, you parents, your friends and family, and community that provide that acceptance-love that everyone craves. CCM songs often sound like love songs, but it’s about God’s love. Janice’s trip to Punta Cana, songs my parents listened to, and the pageant were also topics. It was a lovely evening in lovely company. 


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment