Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, November 24, 2023

My Singing Night Thursday, November 23rd

 

An evening of music, connection, harmony, and spirit.

 Hymns: We were given no songs or prep for this Sunday, so we got straight into Christmas music when we arrived.

Pop and CCM songs for fun, last ones on the topic of total acceptance

You by Apollo Ltd.

What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction

Beautiful by Christina Aguilera

Scars to Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara

Christmas Songs!

Joy to the World by Hillsong Worship and a cappella by us

Mary Did You Know by Restless Road and Pentatonix

Children Go Where I Send Thee by Love to Sing and Pentatonix

The Friendly Beasts by Peter, Paul, and Mary

All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey

Mary’s Boy Child/Oh My Lord by Boney M.

Hark the Herald Angels Sing  YouTube clip from Charlie Brown Christmas

Hallelujah Chorus by the Silent Monks (YouTube)

The Wexford Carol  by  Alison Krauss and Yo Yo Ma

While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks  by the Taverner Choir

Ode to Joy to The World by the Piano Guys

O Holy Night by the YRCC on YouTube

Feliz Navidad a cappella by us

 

I  baked little chocolate brownies with sprinkles. We talked about acceptance-love again, and how girls and women get the message that they’re never beautiful enough or good enough from the media, from our culture. If we believe that we are made in God’s image, we need to accept ourselves “just the way you are”. We talked about Bell and Rogers and TelMax (ugh!). It was a lovely evening in lovely company. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment