Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Thursday, November 30, 2023

YRCC Seniors' Tour Winter 2023

Our Seniors' Tour starts next Tuesday. We go to 4 seniors homes (care homes and retirement homes) this year. You should be signing up for them on the website. We want 15- 20 of us to go each time, and all parts so we can sing our songs, about 8 of them, in addition to the sing-alongs which they love. There is a post here about how to sign up. Let me know if you still need help.

Bring all of your music every time. I've made a plan, but sometimes we change things depending on who is there and how we feel. We will project the words to the sing-along songs on a screen. If you want/need to, you can download the PowerPoint file. There's a link on the website. 

All binders must be returned before Christmas, by December 22nd, to give Peggy and Anne time to empty them, file away all of our winter music, and then fill the binders up with the spring music. If you're coming to sing at Mackenzie Place, hand your binder in then, or hand it in at your last performance, or at our party, otherwise, you have to get the binder to Peggy and Anne somehow by December 22nd. In January, we start preparing for our May 4th concert. The theme will be stars again, wishing on stars and dreams. 

Use the Calendar to get the time and location of each seniors' performance, plus notes about what COVID restrictions come up. Right now, they're all just saying stay away if you're sick, and one asks that we wear a mask to walk around, but we can unmask to sing. This can change. I just added a link to the calendar, so you can get there from this page below too.









No comments:

Post a Comment