Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Friday, November 3, 2023

My Singing Night Thursday, November 2nd

 

 An evening of music, connection, harmony, and spirit.

Warm-ups:  I played some soft music as we gathered and we chatted.

Sheet Music songs:

We are prepared to come on November 5th to sing Rutter’s A Flower Remembered.  We had sheet music and sang along with a video of a choir, and I played the parts at the end on the piano so the end is strong. We’ll need to work on timing on Sunday, on the last page.

Hymns: We sang along to these hymns for this Sunday

VU 469 We Gather Here

VU 481 Sent Forth by God's Blessing

Let There Be Peace On Earth

Pop and CCM songs for fun, thinking about Love and Peace here and now

God's Great Dance Floor by Chris Tomlin

Never Been a Moment by Micah Tyler

Love Train by the O’Jays

Don't Stop Believin' by Journey

Let Me Be There by Olivia Newton-John

Thank You For Being a Friend by Andrew Gold

Annie's Song by John Denver

Silly Love Songs by Paul McCartney and Wings

I Lived by OneRepublic

I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack

I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonderr

 

Everyone enjoyed my pumpkin muffins, even those who don’t like pumpkin! It’s a good recipe, mild and simple. We talked about Halloween, family and neighbours. We talked about living fully and joyfully in the present and loving fiercely even when, or especially when, other people elsewhere are suffering. It was a lovely evening in lovely company.  I wish more people could join us. 


 






 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment